Exercise After Pregnancy
If you are ready to exercise after your pregnancy we have a few options for you.
Many people think you can just return to the gym and resume mainstream exercise after pregnancy, perhaps low impact or as a beginner. Actually, most women need a little more rehabilitation, particularly around:
- core and pelvic floor,
- abdominals (which may have separated or lost tone),
- posture (which has probably changed)
- and you may be experiencing back pain
If that sound like you, read on!
What do I get from an approach that is specifically for women who want to exercise after pregnancy?
We have extra training and experience dealing with common post natal exercise issues. We can:
- calmly and frankly help you with pelvic floor retraining,
- provide abdominal separation rehabilitation
- improve your posture and back strength
- help with sore, rounded shoulders? This is largely postural – we can give you take away strategies that are quick and easy that you can do at home
- refer and / or link in with physiotherapy approaches
- move you towards more mainstream exercise – we are your link between physio and gym
- help you get back to your regular shape.
We have provided water and land based exercise programs for women before and after pregnancy for more than a decade. We have successful assisted women with very complex post natal issues back to mainstream exercise. This is what we do well.
“Thanks so much Jo, I feel confident to get back into it” and “different every week highlighting new areas for focus” and my favorite “excellent class, touched on the right areas, highly enjoyable and satisfying”.
From a 2015 small group PT approach
The best is yet to come
Want to know how?
Book your 30 minute FREE consultation