Small Group Personal Training
SMALL GROUP Personal Training Hobart & Geilston Bay
Small group personal training is a Small Group Fitness Program with a maximum of 4 like minded people. Our attentive personal training approach is individualised. We offer an exclusive indoor / outdoor personal training gym experience just outside of Hobart in leafy Geilston Bay.
If you are new to exercise and do not really like gyms this space will delight you. In this private, bush setting women’s personal trainer Jo Cordell-Cooper works with those beginning exercise for the first time, as well as those rehabilitating from injury or heading towards surgery. Jo is a Cancer Exercise Specialist who also has experience helping women who have complex bodies following birth. Jo also works with women who have auto immune conditions.
“It is important that ladies within all our personal training sessions are well matched energy wise so they can encourage each other without anyone putting unrealistic expectations on themselves” says Jo Cordell-Cooper, women’s personal trainer based in Hobart, Tasmania.
Jodie and Alysia following an outdoor personal training session in Lindisfarne (NEVER more than 4)
What do I want from group personal training that I can’t get from a regular group fitness class?
- your personal training program individualised
- a truly attentive approach so your body improves incrementally from day 1
- extra advice, support and a clear direction
- nutritional support
- lots of questions answered
- a home program to continue on with
- someone to help with motivation
- a friend to share a journey with
- an event to work towards
- and / or you love to work out . . . but not in a gym!
Water fitness – like aqua aerobics but personal! At Friends Health & Fitness
There are many reasons why you might prefer to workout at the pool. The benefit include:
- low or no impact workout in water
- lower body temperature (cooling effect of the water)
- reduced inflammation and swelling
- three dimensional movement
- or you simply love water – its fun!
We have exceptional water fitness experiences that are fun and effective. We have a dedicated space at Friends Health & Fitness in New Town, north of Hobart.
Why exercise in water?
Exercise in water is not only gentle on the joints and supportive of your body – in deep water we can eliminate all impact.
It’s for clients cleared by their medical team who have:
- Broken bones, arthritis, and swelling
- Pre and post surgery candidates – hip and knee replacement candidates are regular participants
- Circulation issues – it’s the pressure of the water that works the magic and can help circulation throughout the body
Our water fitness personal training sessions goes well beyond swimming. We can teach you deep water running techniques, offer multi-directional workouts to get a great whole body workout, we can add resistance to the workout with a gymstick, and a core workout as well.
Our water fitness personal training sessions are held in the cleanest pool in Hobart
- Imagine doing aqua aerobics with your own personal aqua aerobics instructor
- Water based workouts are individually tailored
- the water is cool and supportive
- Your swelling is reduced
- and you’ve had fun!
Exercise that is fun and effective – now that’s refreshing!
“Jo’s attitude towards fitness is as individual as her clients. She’s always got time to understand where I’m at and what’s going on with my body. Her interest, knowledge and skill in women’s fitness particularly is unparalleled in Hobart. I have a number of challenging, long standing injury issues. Jo has taken the time to understand these and she’s always checking in with me about those before we start a session. One-on-one PT sessions are focused and I always walk away feeling energized and positive about my body. On group PT, which are 4 people max, she still manages to ensure everyone’s individual needs are met. I highly recommend her!”
“Although we train in a group of up to 4 people I still feel I have that personal support of Jo. She is able to structure the sessions to provide variety as well as adaptation to each person’s strengths and capabilities. The benefit of group PT is also that on some days you are the strong one, leading and inspiring the others in the group, and on other days you are the one learning from them and striving to get to that point.”
The best is yet to come
Want to know how?
Book your 30 minute FREE consultation